I love this Casting Crowns song! It asks great questions... If we are the body why aren't his arms reaching, his hands healing, his words teaching? Why aren't his feet going and why is his love not showing them there is a way?
This makes me think of how we are all sinners and that we all need those reaching arms and the teachings of Christ.
Who are we to judge those around us that have made decisions that are different from what we think are right and wrong.
Who are we to judge when others around us have made decisions that are "wrong" according to the bible?
Does the bible not teach us that we need to not judge others? Luke 6:37 says "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
From 1 Corinthians 12: 21-26
21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
We are all in this together, no one of us is better than the next. We need to learn from each other and try to become more open and welcoming to those around us. Less judgmental. Less condemning. You never know when the person sitting next to you on the bus, in a restaurant, or even on your pew at church is the one that needs those reaching arms.
Wouldn't you want to receive those reaching arms when you were the one that made the bad decision and needing help and healing?
Do you want to have to explain to God one day why you didn't offer those reaching arms, healing hands and teaching words? I know I don't! I want to be able to profess my love for God and show others of his unending and nonjudgmental love!
Your life may be the only Bible some people read.
~Author Unknown~
Great post and I agree! :)
ReplyDelete